Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Eating disorder or just crazy?

CandaceM19
CandaceM19
United States
2006/06/22, 11:53 AM
Hello everybody:) I am not new to Freetrainers, I have been here for years, but this is the first time posting here. I just had a question that any info on would be helpful. I have always been up and down in weight since I was a teenager, and most recently my weight jumped to the highest it has ever been since having my daughter. I started the G.I diet and lost over thirty pounds. But since my husbands return from Iraq we have gone out to eat alot and he wants bad food. I love the food on this diet, but when I eat bad food instead of enjoying it and curbing that craving it just makes me want more of the bad food. I know how bad I feel afterward and gain a pound or two and feel awful but then all I can think about is pizza or other terrible foods!!!! Help! My mind is crazy or something I think! I don't eat tons of the food when I eat it, it's just that I can't stop wanting that food. Can someone help, and just tell me if Im crazy or have an eating disorder. This has been an ongoing battle me and bad food. Thank you for any help and advice.
MannyMaster
MannyMaster
United States
2006/06/22, 12:07 PM
Hi Candace, I really don't think you're crazy. What you're talking about is something most of us go through. If it was easy to resist junk food we'd all be fit and healthy. And once you get a taste of the junk food crap your body will crave more even though you know it will make you feel bad afterward. And you have constant temptation around you with your husband wanting to eat the stuff all the time. The only way you can get over the cravings is to stay away from it. After a while it will get esier. Talk to your husband about how you feel. Let him know you're trying to lose weight and you need his help. I'm sure you can meet somewhere in the middle for starters:)

--------------
"One Ring to rule them all; One Ring to find them; One Ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them." -LOTR Trilogy