Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

300 and gaining. Need help/advice

iburge358
iburge358
United States
2012/04/30, 04:43 PM
Hi. I am a 20 year old female. I'm 5'7 and I weigh 300 pounds. No matter what I try I seem to be only GAINING weight. Can someone please help or give me ideas or something? Thank you.
brody1124
brody1124
United States
2012/05/04, 07:14 AM
First thing is that everything starts with your diet. You can exercise all you want but if you are eating KFC and fried foods all day it will not help.

So this is what I recommend. Now keep this in mind that this is only my opinion. I recommend you do some reaserch on any advice that someone gives you including me.

When i decided to lose weight I went to a doctor who told me what my metabolic rate is, body fat%, lean muscle %, etc. They then told me how many calories I need ot intake to stay the same weight, lose weight, or gain. From there I created a work out schedule through this website which I hold myself to. The only changes I have made to the workout i got through this site is that I do 45 minutes of cardio and swim laps for 20 minutes 5 days a week.  

Now about the diet. You can start counting the calories you intake everyday.(Remember that you want to intake less than you exert)  keep a diary of what you eat and the calories you intake. i use my fitness pal because I can access it from a computer and smart phone. Plus it is free. When you start tracking what you eat you will find that you will be more truthful to yourself on what you eat, and it can also be used as a source to see why you cannot lose weight or hit a Null. Another option is to see a dietitian. They can also set up a menu for yourself.

Another thing you can do to moviate yourself to loose wight is treat yourself along the way. A good example is I bought myself an Ipad when i lost 20 lbs. I have a friend that buys herself new makeup, kitchen items, etc. It is just another way to moviate yourself. It also helps if you have a friend or someone to help you along the way. i have a contest going with my friend back home.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any other questions and I wish you the best of luck on your adventure.