Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Increased Appetite

J_Cat
J_Cat
United States
2012/03/27, 05:40 PM
So the last few days I've noticed that I've been very hungry. One night I couldn't go to sleep because I had that gnawing feeling in my stomach. Today after I worked out I felt the same way (which is pretty normal) but after having a snack, my mouth is still watering. I can't tell if that means I'm hungry or something else..

Since the nutrition plans on this site aren't up, I'm wondering whether someone could tell me what a sample meal plan for a day should look like. I'm wondering whether there is something lacking in my diet which accounts for the sudden onset of feeling hungry. I'm hoping that this is just temporary and has more to do with what I'm eating rather than some kind of bigger underlying issue.

I have been less active than normal last few weeks, mostly due to large amounts of work piling up. I have been sitting around a lot more than I would like :(

Any help is appreciated! Thank you :)
Bigbenjo
Bigbenjo
United Kingdom
2012/04/02, 09:01 AM
Hi J_Cat,

I usually get the same problem. Do you eat 3 big meals a day? If you do, try and break it down into around 6 small meals. 

My day meal plan:

Meal 1(Breakfast)     :     1 Bowl of Porridge 
                                           1 Piece of fruit
                                            (after a night of training 1 protien shake)

Meal 2                         :     1 Piece of Fruit 
                                           1 Handfull of nuts (Mainly Walnuts and Almonds)

Meal 3  (Lunch)         :     Salad box with Fish (Tuna, Haddock, Mackeral)
                                           1 Granery Roll

Meal 4                         :     1 Piece of Fruit
                                           Handfull of nuts
                                            (If work is dragging on a bit and my eyes start to close Ill have a Protien Cookie to snack on)

Workout                      

Meal 5 (Dinner)         :      This is where I like to have some Whole Wheat pasta just as a Carb source to keep my energy levels up.
                                            Coupled with a good protien source like steamed chicken. I like to add a good whack of garlic and chilli.
                                            Genrally I like to have this as a small portion and have a protein shake with it. But because my Pritein is Chocoloate
                                            flavoured and is absolutly delish I have it for pudding.                 

Meal 6                         :      I would tend to eat something small like some toast.

Remember that when your body is feeling Hungry it could be down to not drinkning enough water. Along side this meal plan I would consume close to around 6 -8 bottles of 500ml water. (Not including when I train where I would consume an additional 3 or so)

I hope this Helps :)

Benjo
rj57wdqszc
rj57wdqszc
United States
2012/06/01, 12:30 PM (Edited: rj57wdqszc - 2012/06/01, 12:43 PM)
Like Benjo before. Eat more meals. Also I have found that if I eat fruit. Not juice. Not protein. But good old fruit. It keeps my energy level up through the workout and regulates my sugar. I will still be hungry afterwards but I stop at my portion wait five minutes and I'm fine. This helps me from over eating. Also make sure you are adequately hydrated and drink a glass of water before each meal and during exercise.

Sample day for me

Sn: 6 oz of fruit, blended. Exercise.

Breakfast: turkey bacon egg sandwhich

sn: fruit/ nuts

Lunch:Half turkey sandwhich with spicy mustard

sn: whole grain tortilla chips and salsa

dinner: apple pecan chicken salad ( with romaine lettuce)

dessert: frozen yogurt

Eating smaller meals curbs hunger. You start having trouble not skipping meals because you feel like your eating all the time. Biggest mealss are breakfast around 350 cals and dinner around 400. Total cal count is 1600. If ou want to go lower than that benjo menu is perfect but I CRAVE good food. And by good I mean meat. I know their are other ways to get enough protein but none quite hit that spot in my brain, if you know what I mean.