Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Weightlifting and weightloss

Radioguy10
Radioguy10
United States
2011/02/09, 02:48 PM
I have read all the archives and most of the posts on this forum, but haven't found an answer to my question. First off, I am a 39 year old male, 5'6" and weigh 220. This is NOT my typical weight. My working weight in the Marine Corps was 160. I want to get back to that weight and have been hitting the gym 6 days a week for 50 minutes to an hour of cardio, mixed with some HIIT workouts.
Too much? Too little? I am new to losing this much weight. Not new to the gym, however, and really miss lifting weights. I was going to wait to start lifting until I got lighter than 200lbs. but my weightloss is going so slow! I am only losing like 1-2 pounds every two to three weeks. I watch what I eat, eat portions more appropriate for a small bird, and nothing seems to be working. Should I go twice a day? Should I go ahead and start lifting weights, low weights/high reps? Would this help to speed up my weightloss? I want to be 160 by August 27th (my 40th birthday). I can't be old and fat! HELP!