Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Calorie intake?? PLEASEEEE

Danilyn73
Danilyn73
United States
2010/04/01, 02:19 PM
Ok so i have been researching this for weeks now and im still having trouble in what to believe the right amount of calories is enough and to lose weight on. so i have been at 210lbs for the last 3 years without trying to lose weight and doing nothing and i have just recently gotten back into the gym 3-4xs a week its been about 3 weeks now i do free weights and im working on the cardio lol im up to 20 min on the stairmaster i will get to 30 and longer soon i dont have a partner or anyone to push me so sometimes i give up to early but hey im in the gym at least lol ok oh and i have been watching what i eat writing everything down which gets to my question ive been reading everywhere on how many calories i need to maintain to lose weight but its different everywhere i look so ive only been eating about 1600 a day and i still have lost no weight i know its only been 3 weeks but the last 3 years of doing nothing and weighing 210 and now im doing something and i still weigh 210 i dont know what im doing wrong so i need to know how many calories i need to be eating in a day so i can lose some weight ahhhhhh im really frustrated sorry so if in all this bable some one might be able to help me i would so appreciate it. thank you
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/04/01, 04:12 PM
It would help if you fill out your profile. In any case when we have to lose pounds, our body hangs on to fat at the beginning because it is trying to hold on to what it has had for a long time.
That being said you are not consuming enough calories and your metabolism has slowed a little bit again making you hang on to the fat (for energy ).
Increase your intake to 2550 calories per day. I am curious to know what your diet is like, maybe we can change up some food.
Hope this helps. Been in your situation before.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
Danilyn73
Danilyn73
United States
2010/04/01, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure what in my profile is not filled out or what you want to know but my diet consists of high protein and lower fat foods lots of veggies turkey protein shakes and fruits and cereals like cheerios or my favorite is special k with berries. and once in awhile i have stuff im not supposed to have but i try and give my self a day off to eat whatever. my workouts consist of a sunday legs/chest i do mostly supersets like barbell squats/straightleg barbell deads and then i do like db flys/db chest press and then leg press and leg curls and so far only 20 min on the stairmaster only cuz i like feeling like im working out and the stair master to me is just sweat poouring the whole time and then i do like tues and wed other body parts with cardio then fri same....so i guess im just not eating enough its so hard to think of eating so much in a day lol but i guess even with being sedentary and not doing anything but working and eating basically the same way i am now just kept me at the same weight cuz i wasnt eating enough? owell so ok im not so strict with my workouts but im a routine kinda person so i do have planned out what im gonna do that day but once im on the to the cardio part i give up sooner then i should...i like to know what im doing set out at all times. keeps me from feeling lost..so thats why i need to know what and how i should be eating these 2550 calories a day like do i eat 400 cal like 6 times a day? thank you for taking the time to deal with my craziness and bable lol

============
Quoting from carivan:

It would help if you fill out your profile. In any case when we have to lose pounds, our body hangs on to fat at the beginning because it is trying to hold on to what it has had for a long time.
That being said you are not consuming enough calories and your metabolism has slowed a little bit again making you hang on to the fat (for energy ).
Increase your intake to 2550 calories per day. I am curious to know what your diet is like, maybe we can change up some food.
Hope this helps. Been in your situation before.

=============
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/04/01, 06:33 PM
First off the Cheerios have to go and and so does the Special k with berries. Replace with a higher fiber cereal and add your own fresh fruit if you like.
Try and keep your meals to 300-400 calories and add in healthy snacks. For fruits, eat as much citrus more than any as they have the fiber.
Fiber is most important to weight loss as is consuming your protein. Also try and get your protein from natural sources rather than the shakes (less expensive) and don't have a shake after a workout , have a meal high in protein. The shakes are great for people who spend 4-6 hrs a day in the gym (professionals) and still haven't met one yet in a pro shop!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
Kristenmickel
Kristenmickel
United States
2010/04/30, 07:43 AM
Drink plenty of water. Our body needs a lot of water so give in to water. Water is not just way to flush out toxins, but if you have more water in your body you will generally feel healthier and fitter. This in and of itself will discourage any bent to gap. The best thing about water is that is has no calories at all.