Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

competition buddy

toppcatt20000
toppcatt20000
United States
2009/12/09, 12:09 PM
Hi! I just signed up here on FT yesterday, 12/08/09. I have been looking through all the post and have found a lot of "Help me" post. I have found that in my life a little friendly competition is a very good motivator. I would like to have a competition buddy. I am a 42 yr old woman I weigh 174 lbs and stand a meager 5'2". I have a history of hard work under my now flabby belt so maybe with a little competition we can all get back in shape. I have my "now" photo posted on my profile, sad as it is, that way I can be bold and step on the podium first. Any Takers? For personal competition you can email me at toppcatt20000 at aol.com if you don't want to be "out in the public" Either way I don't mind, :)
Hallofo
Hallofo
United States
2009/12/11, 09:11 AM
I pick up the gauntlet you have cast, and accept! I have yet to post a pic, but as soon as I take a "current" one, I will.

I believe you have the upper hand, as I have the upper weight (6'4", 320ish, the scale gets a little sketchy up there). But, I like a little bit of motivation. I would sure hate to have my butt whooped by a girl:big_smile: (Although I'm sure I will!:laugh:)

--------------
Hallofo:
Full-time computer Geek, Part time Nerd

\"That which does not kill you has made a tactical error\" -from the \"7 Habits of Highly Effective Pirates\"
tigerlily_226
tigerlily_226
United States
2009/12/12, 04:14 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site and decided to join. I would enjoy sharing how i've done when i get on and if i've found anything that reallys works for me. I'm 29 i'm short, 4'11", and I'm 240ish pounds.
Hallofo
Hallofo
United States
2009/12/14, 08:49 AM
My "before" pic is in, and awaiting FT approval.

Toppcatt, for my official start weight, I am 6'4" 311lbs. My scale had a minor stroke when I got on, so I took the average of 3 readings (they were all in the same ballpark).

So... we need to agree on the terms of this little competition. will we go by overall weight, or weight as a percentage of our start? I think we should go by percentage since I weigh almost twice as much as you! We could also go by when we reach our goals (mine is 225, 86 lbs away). It all depends, just lemme know what you think!

--------------
Hallofo:
Full-time computer Geek, Part time Nerd

\"That which does not kill you has made a tactical error\" -from the \"7 Habits of Highly Effective Pirates\"
toppcatt20000
toppcatt20000
United States
2009/12/21, 11:25 AM
Hello Hallofo, It pleases me much to have my challenge accepted. A percentage is a great way to try to be fair. I have set my goal date as spring 2010 as I plan on being able to sport a two piece this year with out being so humiliated by all the hot bods on the beaches.I figure I have about 45 lbs or so to drop in order to be in the range of a two piece. I am lifting weights to tone and bulk just a bit in a few places. I want my arms to stop waving when I do and I want my but not to continue to dance when I decide to stop. "Smiles".
I created a great workout and calorie counter spreadsheet if you want a copy I would be more than happy to send you a copy. It also has a page where you can put your present measurements in and keep track weekly of your progress as well. Just let me know.
Well, I am a very competitive person and would rather compete with men I find them much more aggressive in attaining their goals.
I will post the new pics first of Jan. After I get back from the Dr. with a professional weighing.
Till then have a great holiday season and best of luck to you.
toppcatt20000
toppcatt20000
United States
2009/12/21, 11:29 AM
Hello Tigerlily, I would be glad to hear all about your success and any thing you want to share is more than welcome. Happy Holidays.

============
Quoting from tigerlily_226:

Hi, I'm new to this site and decided to join. I would enjoy sharing how i've done when i get on and if i've found anything that reallys works for me. I'm 29 i'm short, 4'11", and I'm 240ish pounds.
=============
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/12/21, 04:13 PM
Good luck to those of you competing., Nice to see some challenges happening!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2009/12/23, 12:52 PM
I'm up for the challenge...I am actually using a health tracker at another site to track my daily calories, daily exercise, etc., I am up to loose to my goal of 150, so put me on the competition, been waiting for something more to happen here! I am working a "winter" routine of weight lifting, dance, walking, yoga. So, I hereby enter my goal weight of 150 to be reached by spring of 2010!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/12/23, 09:41 PM
I didn't know there was another site!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

toppcatt20000
toppcatt20000
United States
2010/01/03, 07:11 PM
I am glad to have all the competition we can get.
There are many many sites....
I made a calorie counting spread sheet if any one wants a copy I would be glad to forward it to you.
'''
'''
'''
Up date on my progress'''''
I lost one inch all over....
it don't show much in looking at me, but I can tell, I can get in a pair of pants I couldnt wear in Sept... Go me!!!
'''''
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2010/01/07, 11:42 AM
I think Sir Carivan was being funny ;) Glad to see your still around! :)

Great job toppcatt2000! Nothing here yet, just got back from Florida and though didn't eat much the choices where I was at weren't big, so this week is a new beginning for my challenge, March isn't far away and I want to have shed the rest by then.

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/01/07, 11:56 AM
Good luck to both of you, nice to see you are getting results toppcatt.
Of course I'm still around, isn't this the only site on the net??:big_smile:

--------------

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

toppcatt20000
toppcatt20000
United States
2010/02/12, 08:56 AM
Up dating here. I got a job, I am still on the diet, well not really diet, just watching how much I eat. I have always been able to eat and have never been ashamed to do so, but at my age now it's harder to get it back off. I have reached my goal pants and have updated that to another pair. They look small!! I know I can do it and I know all of the rest of you can to. Just don't give up. count calories, they are what makes us fat. We all burn calories by just being alive. We burn so many sleeping and if you walk to the potty you burn some. Find out exactly how many you are burning in a day and try to stay under that number and you WILL lose weight! The reason we don't lose weight is because we put more in than we are using. If you drive a car 5 miles a day and you get 25 miles a gallon it wont be long before you cant get anymore in you will be putting it all over the ground, you are the ground so don't "waste" the food. Use what you put in. I have found that my metabolism burns more than 1500 a day even if I don't exercise, yeah for me. some of us burn more because of muscle mass and some less but we all burn, you just have to find out how much you use and stay under that.
Best of luck to all.
Update again soon.