Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

IBS?

CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2009/11/30, 09:07 AM
So I recently went to the Doc with some tummy issues and he diagnosed me with IBS. I have been given 2 huge containers of Metamucil type fiber, and am taking 1 teaspoon every day. Was wondering if there are any veggies in particular that are high in fiber but won't cause bloating as thats part of the issue. We currently eat a ton of tomatoes, onions, celery, carrots and corn, and a moderate amount of green beans,broccoli and spinach. Also, does anyone know if weight loss helps with this? I have lost 18lbs since Sydney was born 9 months ago, most of it in the past 3 months. I am hoping that the healthier I get overall, including continuing the loss, will help with the IBS.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/11/30, 03:14 PM
Weight loss and high fiber will help. Start eating a cereal with at least 7 grams of fiber, sweet potatoes and also switch to whole grain bread and whole wheat pasta. There are alot of healthier foods out there that can help your IBS.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2009/11/30, 04:07 PM
We only use whole grain bread, and don't really eat much pasta anymore. I have been buying that 50/50 kind by Ronzoni because Paulie won't eat the 100% whole wheat pasta. What cereals should I look at? We tried the Fiber One Carmel Delights and they tasted like sweetened cardboard. We always have oatmeal and cream of wheat in the house. In fact, egg whites and oatmeal with cinnamon was breakfast this morning! Will upping my water intake help at all you think?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/11/30, 04:57 PM
Try getting kellogs Guardian it's a green box with a big heart on it. It's taty and doesn't resemble or taste like rabbit food. Another one that is good, but is not sold here any more at Cosco is Daybreak, perhaps you can find it down there.
Water will help for sure. The thing is to get fiber and eat the vegies too, also fruit.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)