Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Whats time efficent way to lose weight

anewfoundsin
anewfoundsin
United States
2009/01/07, 01:49 AM
I want to lose weight. Will working out with moderate weights on machines with little to no rest in between (called circuit, high intensity training?), burn fat more vs. doing pure weight training (lift very height weights with a minute or 2 rest in between) vs doing 30 min or cardio?
See I don't have much time to exercise but I'm trying to find most time effective way to lose the weight.
Thanks
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/01/07, 11:07 AM
The most effective way to lose weight is to first have a diet that supports that goal. I think the benefits of strength training are a bit better than just cardio alone. Ultimately it depends on what works for your body. Try 3-4 weeks of circuit training, then go into a more traditional strength training program for 3-4 weeks and see what works better for you. With cardio, I typically do 15-20 minutes of moderate cardio after lifting, then on the in-between days I do 30-40 minutes of higher intensity.