Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

obese college student

tryin2lose
tryin2lose
United States
2004/05/07, 02:07 AM
I weigh 352 lbs and I am 19 years old. I have just resently relized how bad in shape I am, and am trying to lose alot of weight and get into shape. I am also very depresed alot, which does not help matters.

Anyway I recently got on a low carb diet, and try to excersize when I can. I have talked with alot of people and have herd over and over, its not how much you exersise its how you exersize. Im looking for diagrams and such that show how to do excersises, any links would be apreciated.

Right now I just walk around the yard and campus when I can, and I do basic excersises. I have a small weight machine I recieved for chrismas I work out with also.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/05/07, 07:03 AM
Trying to loose I hear ya man. I weigh 365!! you need to get the activity level up. Why are you depressed? Even though I am overweight there is a certain pride in being a giant I am 6'4 . There are a ton of how to excersise descriptions on this site. Sign up for a porgram an select machines only, home work outs. Also creat a profile so that we can better look at you goals and where you are at. Good luck - Mike

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
tryin2lose
tryin2lose
United States
2004/05/08, 02:14 AM
Im depressed because of my fat, it makes me feel bad. Just looking at myself I feel disquisted, not to mention not being able to get a girlfriend. But I am using all of those things to motivate myself to be more active.

I just looked at my plan a couple hours after posting that message and I saw the excersize descriptions they are great.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/05/08, 02:18 AM
dont be depressed!! self loathing is counterproductive also! keep with it you will make it. Get out there and train hard. - Mike

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
dafrench
dafrench
United States
2004/05/12, 04:54 PM
Hey dude, you can do this. I was in the same boat, having been the fat kid up through high school. I'm only like 5'6 and was 250 which was big for my frame. When I was 19, I got serious and started exercising and lifting. Within a year I was down to a lean 165 and loving life.

My few cents, I recommend starting slow, perfecting your form and gradually increasing your workload. Keep a journal of your workouts/intensity/etc. If you're serious about it and commit yourself to it, I guarantee you'll start to see results and those pants will get looser and looser.

Re: Workout diagrams, I know FreeTrainers has some charts if you sign up and use the Exercise Log/Fitness Plan thingy. I never had much success working out at home - too many temptations to slack off. I did use a treadmill religiously first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening which really got my (young) metabolism going. Trust me, it doesnt' get any easier, and time is on your side.

The daily exercise is a great way to counter the depression and as for a gf, don't sweat that. The grass is always greener on the other side. You have to take care of yourself before you can really emote w/ anyone else. Just don't get complacent and lose your focus.

Keep us posted on your progress or any problems....
PrairieGirl
PrairieGirl
Canada
2004/05/13, 09:58 AM
You can do this. You're 19 and you're metabolism should be better than us ... um.. older folk. You'll probably notice that just getting your butt moving will make a big difference in how you feel.

Does your campus have a gym that students can use for free. Take advantage of it! Good luck and keep us posted.

Oh and as for the girlfriend - confidence and personality go a long way!
vivavegas02
vivavegas02
United States
2004/05/16, 08:55 PM
Hi,

Good luck with everything. Walking fast is great to do.
I lost a lot of weight on Sugar Busters. www.sugarbusters.com
You do need some carbs.. On this plan, you stick to 3-4 carbs a day.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me privately.

~ Laura :)
Elektra420
Elektra420
United States
2004/05/17, 05:05 PM
I feel your pain tryin2lose, I too am really overweight, and looking at the support system on this site I have no doubt in my mind that together we can all lose this unwanted fat on us, I am close to 250lbs and am 5'7 and a female, I was once 110lbs, a dancer and now look at me, I just want to be thin again...........HELP!!!